Other lodges lack the ability to provide guests with a real classic safari experience. They list all the activities they offer, often quite unrelated to what a classic safari experience is about.
To the contrary a safari with us will mean exploring Maasai wilderness with a Maasai tracker, being able to walk with him and learning how to read footprints and identify scats; it will also mean hiking into the cloud forest of the Chyulu Hills; it will mean seeing many different species of wildlife –but in complete privacy, not surrounded by other tourists.
Luca will brief you about Campi ya Kanzi and discuss with you what safari activity you might prefer.
He will learn from you what your interests are, what your previous African experiences have been, what you like most.
With your help, he will tailor-make the perfect safari for you.
You will be able to choose from these diverse options:
- Game drives in open Land Rover, with your professional guide and Maasai tracker
- Walk, escorted by your guide and by your tracker, in the cloud forest, exploring a unique habitat
- Walk, escorted by your guide and by your tracker, in the savanna or to look-out hills
- Tailored safaris for keen birds watchers
- Tailored safaris for keen photographers
- Visit your Maasai tracker’s home, in his village, to learn about Maasai culture
- Horse-back riding
- Dine in the bush, for either breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Dine in a huge cave, where the Maasai where hiding the cattle they were raiding from the Wakamba, a tribe living on the other side of the Chyulu Hills.
- Stars gazing with lectures
- Visit the Trust programs in conservation, health, and education
- Join “Among Lions” a special one week safari run with the Trust, studying the lion population of the reservation
- Excursion to Tsavo West National Park, where Mzima spring is home to tens of hippo and crocodiles
- Kilimanjaro scenic flight, inclusive of a bush champagne breakfast
- Air excursions to Tsavo or Chyulu Hills, flying over the rock art sculptures made by Andrew Rogers
- Air excursion to Amboseli National Park, where one of our car will be waiting for you
With pre-arrangements we could also organize:
- Fly camping, along side a river or in the plains in front of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- A special excursion to Tsavo East, at Ithumba camp, where you can visit orphan elephants reintroduced into the wilderness
- Nicola Tonolini can be booked to run a photographic course at Campi ya Kanzi
- Mark Nicholson (Board member of Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust) can be booked to guide a botanic safari
- Transcendental Meditation course